Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chimaira - This Present Darkness (USA 2000)

Roddus Album Of The Day



01. Lend a Hand
02. Painting The White To Grey
03. Divination
04. Sphere
05. Empty
06. Satan's Wizard
07. Silence
08. This Present Darkness
Nu Metal and Metalcore are two of the phrases I have seen used to describe this music, which didn't survive much past morning tea on my ipod today. Think linkin Park without the quiet bits and less melody. Screamed lyrics and processed voice, relentless guitar riffing heavy and ultimately boring after two of three songs. There is so much of this type of music and variants thereof out there that it all gets to sound the same, unless your a total Metalhead and would properly think this is F***ing awesome. There are only a very small percentage of Metal albums that are worth listning to and this is not one of them. Technically good and I am not totally adverse to the type of sound here but I am unmoved by this and Have heard better from this particular group. My rating 1.5/5
listen to this wall of noise Here

No comments: