Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 28, 2010

Mashmakhan - Mashmakhan / The Family (1970/71 Canada)

Roddus Album Of The Day


01.Days Whenwe Are Free 6:11
02.I Know I've Been Wrong 4:47
03.As the Years Go By 3:03
04.Shades of Loneliness 4:46
05.Afraid of Losing You 4:07
06.Gladwin 4:23
07.If I Tried 4:33
08.appy You Should Be 3:47
09.Nature's Love Song 3:49
10.Letter from Zambia 6:11

1-Children Of The Sun
2-The Family
3-The Prince
4-Come again
5-Children Laughing
6-Couldn't Find The Sun
7-Start All Over
8-The Trees

 Another two on one re-release from this very good Canadian rock group. Quality pop/rock with progressive learning's on par with their English counterparts of the time. All sorts happening in these songs, with organ, strings, flute, vocal harmonising, some very good guitar solos and extended breaks, some interesting lyrics and social commentary, as well as some spirituality of sorts. Plenty of catchy melody's also make this a very enjoyable  listen across both albums and re-listening more attentively to this again tonight as I type, I find that the songs have grown on me as from what I thought of them earlier today. A good sign of what could become a favorite of mine given enough attention. My rating 4/5

2 comments:

Leo Rattans said...

You've got me interested. Can't find the d/l-link, though. Supposed to be in the comments, of which there's zero.

Can't find any d/l-link at that blog at all, actually. What's the trick?

Congrats on your new design, much better than before!

Leo.

Roddus said...

Sorry Leo, I didn't actually check for a link on the blog as they are usually reliable on that front, but it looks like it is not available at all anywhere,as I tried a deeper search but to no luck.