Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, June 25, 2010

Manna - Manna (USA 1972)

Roddus Album Of The Day Part Two



01. Good Old Rock And Roll  (2:50)
02. Tell Me Why (3:24)
03. Save The Country (3:07)
04. What Ya Gonna Do (3:05)
05. We Can Make It (3:11)
06. Red Man (4:52)
07. Southern Bound (2:43)
08. Clap Your Hands (2:59)
09. Hold On (4:48)
10. New Day's Coming (4:05)
11. Children Of The Mountain (5:01)
This little gem has that early 70s rock vibe that I like so much with its Blues/country influenced pop/rock. There must have been some Indian blood in the group because there are several references to Native Americans, especially "Red Man" which totally rocks out and then finishes wit an authentic sounding Indian chant. "Southern Bound' deals with moving away from racial prejudice. "Tell Me Why" references Crosby, Still and Nash and there is a bit of Neil Young as well as southern rock across the rest of the album. I wish I had the time  to give this more attention as it really deserves it  and  I have enjoyed it thoroughly. Another excellent rare post from the brilliant Rare MP3 Music Blog and my rating 4/5.

Listen to this rare classic  Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I've been looking for this for years, ever since I lost my vinyl copy. I never did see it come out on CD.

I always thought they sounded more like Bread with more "edge" if you know what I mean. And since Manna in essence means "bread"...