Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pantera - I Am The Night (USA 1985)

Roddus Album Of The Day



I had a good laugh when I heard the first track off this third Pantera album from 1985, as it was a real flash back to the 80s Glam/Hair Metal that I remember from the likes of Quiet Riot and to a lessor extent Van Halen. Most of that type of music I didn't get into too much (think Twisted Sister etc...) but the two mentioned above I did enjoy a lot, as well as Girlschool. I was also surprised by what I was hearing because I am a little bit familiar with some of Pantera's later recordings from the 90s and it is quite a contrast between the two periods. All the cliches of the genre are present, the bombastic songs, the crap lyrics, the Van Halen guitar, the high pitched vocals, the fasr pace of the music etc.. But all that aside I am really enjoying this album, I know it doesn't really stand out from the crowd, which is why it didn't do too well when it was released but the songs are pretty ok and the musicianship is excellent , especially the guitar pyrotechnics of  Dimebag Darrel and the sound quality is very good also.  This is a rockin good fun of a metal album and even though Pantera  disowned these earlier albums I think they did a really good job on this one and I'm gonna rate it 4/5.

Check this out Here

No comments: