Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Buzzcocks - Another Music In A Different kitchen (UK 1978)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review
Classic Albums from my past





Stepping up the intensity with this brilliant Punk/Pop album from the legendary Buzzcocks. This may have quite possibly be the very first punk LP I owned along with Stiff Little Fingers "Inflammable Material", both of which were brought off my cousin as this music was a bit too hard for his liking (he was a big Jam fan though).
Their debut album awash with buzzsaw guitar and great pop melodies, probably the most commercial sounding of the first wave of Punk bands and one of the most influential, i.e. no Buzzcocks, no Nirvana. Another classic album that still packs a punch over 30 years later. My CD copy has additional tracks from some early singles but the songs listed above were the original tracks. Rating 5/5.

No comments: