Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

VA - We Ain't Housewife Material: An International Collection Of All Girl Punk, Rock & Garage

An Uncle Roddus Album review



Staying with the fast and the furious for this compilation which opens with the previous reviewed Betty Blowtorch and I thought this might be pretty much all along the lines of that band. I am pleasantly surprised to find this set a bit more diverse than that and even more so from the fact that these bands just aren't all from the USA or the UK. In fact some of the more interesting tracks are from the Japanese bands.  Several of the tracks belong to the Slits school of post  punk and other more off kilter sub-genres although My favourite is the full on pop punk of Elvis McMan and Ventra is Nine Inch Nails industrial. A surprisingly good selection none of whom I have heard of before and so I highly recommend this set, 4.5/5.

No comments: