Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Joe Jackson - Jumpin' Jive (UK 1981)

An Uncle Roddus Album review
Classic Albums from my past





This album is fantastic. A group of  British musos lead by Joe Jackson doing covers of old  Jump jazz/blues from the 40s by Cab Calloway, Lewis Jordan and others. The ensemble playing is awesome, the production and sound quality is also outstanding and Joe is just perfect in his interpretation of these tracks. Quite possibly one of my all time fave jazz records. The opening track is my favourite and starts things of up-tempo and swinging but the slower songs also kick ass. I'm not sure when or how I came across this album, although i don't recall having it on vinyl, but I have had the CD for quite some time. If  you like some swinging jump jazz recorded with modern recording values, then get into this. highly recommended and rated at 5/5.

No comments: