Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Vic Chesnutt - Ghetto Bells (USA 2005)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review



Sticking with the Uncut artists from the "Sounds Of The New West" Compilation, this set from the late Chesnutt, of course, was another highly recommended by Uncut  at the time of release. Labelled Americana in a loose sort of way, this slow tempo record fits in the singer/songwriter mould well and frankly doesn't sit at all well with my ears. I just cant relate to his singing or get in any way inspired with his music. I think this must be an acquired taste of which I am reluctant to taste any more. Not really commercial and probably not going to appeal to younger music fans and stuck in the MOR, just like the last album I reviewed. Sorry to be so harsh as this is a well recorded and produced album but just not to my taste. Rating 2/5

No comments: