Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Emmylou Harris - Red Dirt Girl (USA 2000)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review





Another of the Uncut magazine artists I started reviewing recently from the "Sounds of the New West" Uncut CD. This album from Emmylou was highly recommended by Uncut at the time of release. A very contemporary  sounding MOR album. The sort of thing that any current artists of Emmylou's vintage could have put out in the last  10 years. A mix of styles here all subtly blended into a nice pop sound, although not one that  would  be played much on commercial radio. A well recorded and produced album and deserving  of some of the praise it received but it fails to move me. I find nothing here to get overtly excited about and it is not something I feel the need to give any more of my attention. I will rate it 2.5/5 not because it isn't a good record but because I don't connect with it.

No comments: