Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Neil Young - Le Noise (USA 2010)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review



Any Neil Young fan who has heard Neil solo on acoustic guitar will know that he has produce some awesome music this way. On this recent release(another Daniel Lanois Produced set, highlighted in the Uncut magazine article from the February 2012 issue) Neil goes a bit further, playing the entire set solo on his electric guitar with Lanois providing some other effects to flesh it out. Unmistakeably Neil, this album may not be as spell binding as some of his acoustic sets I have heard and overall the songs aren't his strongest and on casual listening  it struggles to hold my attention. On closer inspection with my headphones there are some interesting effects happening and the playing certainly draws me in in places. Some times reminds me of some of the guitar effects from the Weld album. Interestingly, the strongest track here is the acoustic "Peaceful Valley Boulevard". The recording quality is excellent. Rating 3/5

No comments: