Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, May 27, 2013

NEWS FOR LULU: John Zorn, George Lewis, Bill Frisell

The John Zorn Discography No.14



The first volume of News For Lulu finally arrived and this is another one that I had to get second hand as it is out of print(including  the 2008 re-issue) and any new copies were way to expensive. I have already spoken briefly on the second set "More News For Lulu" and this lot is pretty much the same. I do like this but the trio combination on this album is a bit difficult to stay with over the 73 minutes of this set and not my favourite instrument combination. I like hearing these tracks individually in a mixed playlist than tackling this whole lot at once, but they do grow on you and I think this release is marginally better than it's sister volume. Rating 3.5/5.

No comments: