Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Throbbing Gristle - 24 Hours Of Throbbing Gristle (Box Set) (UK 1980/2003)

Off The Shelf.






















































Yes that's right, I do own a copy of this outrageous box set. Yes that's right I am not allowed to play it without headphones in the house and yes it is a fabulous wall of noise, unlistenable to most normal humans. 24 hour long live recordings from 1976 to 1980, originally released in a limited edition of like only 50 copies back in 1980, my copy is the 2003 CD reissue, also limited and now getting quite rare as well. The label industrial music suits this music well. Throbbing Gristle make an unholy racket, but manage to actually make something both intriguing and wonderful and these concerts are nothing short of astonishing. I can't describe them or articulate why I like this music, but TG had something magic about them that made this sludge work and made them a major influence on the modern rock scene.  A mammoth box set that is not for the faint of heart, this is one of the most precious CDs I own. I don't listen to it nearly as much as I should and usually approach it with some dread until its sonic vibrations finally wash over me and blow my mind.
Rating 5/5.

No comments: