Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Charlie Parker - The Saxophone Player (USA(UK Release 2001))

Off the shelf.




A budget compilation I picked up from The Warehouse to sample some of the great man's music. Unfortunately this is not a good place to start with Parkers music. There is no information as to when this stuff was recorded but I imagine it was sometime in the 40s. The sound quality is pretty awful and although there is some good playing here, He sure could play fast, I really haven't connected with this set. Not sure if this is some of his better tunes or if this is the dregs dug up by this label to get cheap product on the shelf or if perhaps I just don't relate to this music, I certainly like Be-bop as a form of jazz, but not necessary all who play it. My rating 2/5.

No comments: