Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, April 26, 2013

THE CLASSIC GUIDE TO STRATEGY, VOLUME TWO: John Zorn (USA 1986)


John Zorn Discography No.9


I won't say too much about this except that  it is pretty much more of the same as volume one, no song structure, no melody, very little of what most of us would define as music. Some times it sounds like Johns Saxophone is played buy the Chipmunks.  More underwater blowing and other weird noises and all seems rather pointless as a listening experience and not something I enjoy at all. I'm so glad that I didn't discover John Zorn through this earlier music because our artist/fan relationship would have been very short lived and i would have missed out on the excellent music he later went on to make. Rating for this set 1/5.

No comments: