Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow (USA - 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




Still snowing heavily here but power still on so lets touch on the last CD I acquired last weekend. This one was reviewed in my last issue of Uncut and I had been listening to a digital copy on my Ipod over the last couple of weeks and enjoying it but hadn't put it on my shopping list at that time. Earlier in the day, while on a job, a song off this album really caught my attention(it being the title track) and impressed greatly and so when I saw it on the racks I slipped it in with my other purchases. A beautiful laid back folksy affair, semi acoustic with some great arrangements and highlighted by the fantastic vocal harmonies these two generate together. Both great singers who compliment each other marvellously. A stunning album and I really dig the cool version of Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean". I'm Glad I brought it.Rating 4.5/5.

No comments: