Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Neil Young & The International Harvesters - A Treasure (USA 2011)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review




Not much work happening today as we are snowed in with it expected to keep falling into the evening, just hope the power stays on so I can listen to some music. Last weekend I had an errand to run in town and so popped in to the Warehouse to see if I could find any of the CDs on my list and this was one I finally found.
I have been collecting Neil's previous Archive issues and all have been excellent so far. This live set from 1985 doesn't disappoint. A real country based sound with this excellent band, with some cool fiddling and steel guitar as they present us with a mix of Young Classics and some previous unreleased tracks to keep the serious fans happy. A well recorded and produced set as you'd expect from Neil and a worthwhile addition to any Neil Young Collection. Rating 3.5/5.

No comments: