Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 11, 2012

Paul Weller - Sonik Kicks (UK 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album review



This was something that was reviewed in Uncut Take 179 and I had been checking it out to see what Paul was putting out these days. Uncut was generous with this album giving it 8/10 and nearly a two page spread for the review. Weller has always been well regarded in the UK and as I was a big Jam fan back in the day I  am always curious to hear his new music. On first listen this is a good album and I was starting to think I might have to actually buy a copy but after several weeks or it popping up on my playlist but I am finding that I am loosing interest. It is a good album with plenty of catchy well constructed songs and I am sure most Weller fans will enjoy it and it appears to be his strongest in a while. Most of Paul's influences are represented in these tracks and I think the best is "Study in Blue" with a great bass line and a nice duet with female vocals. Overall pretty good but I am not gonna rush out and buy it.Rating 3/5.

No comments: