Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, June 18, 2012

Technical Space Composers Crew - Canaxis 5 (Germany 1969)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review


Boat-Woman-Song 17:40

Canaxis 20:21

Mellow Out 2:12

Getting back to some of the very early posts from the formidable Mutant Sounds Blog with this very early ambient sounding collaboration from Can's Holger Czukay and some bloke named Rolf Dammers. "Boat Woman Song" is a very cool extended soundscape that sounds way ahead of its time with its electronic ambience combined with some indigenous sounding chants, I really like it. Canaxis is more of the same although I don't like it quite as much it is still quite cool. Music of this type can very easily end up a pointless boring drone but these two have managed to produce something unique, interesting and enjoyable. Believe me not too many others will agree with me.Rating 3.5/5

No comments: