Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Funkees - Dancing Time (Soundway UK 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review


The Funkees - Ole
The Funkees - Akpankoro
The Funkees - Onye Mmanya
The Funkees - Abraka
The Funkees - Point Of No Return
The Funkees - Akula Owu Onyeara
The Funkees - Acid Rock
The Funkees - Ogbu Achara
The Funkees - Slipping Into Darkness
The Funkees - Dancing Time
The Funkees - Baby I Need You
The Funkees - Break Through new dub
The Funkees - Life
The Funkees - Mimbo
The Funkees - 303
The Funkees - Dancing In The Nude
The Funkees - Salem
The Funkees - Dance With Me

Ahh! Time for some funky Afro-Rock again with another exciting release from the magnificent Soundway Records out of the UK. I first heard The Funkees on one of the play-lists on the Voodoo Funk Blog and their songs have turned up on several Afro-Funk and Rock compilations that I have, so I knew very well what I was getting into when I finally procured a copy from my local CD emporium. A compilation covering their short but seemingly prolific recording career in Nigeria back in the 70's this lot is an outstanding brace of deep African funk and groovy rock that just blows your mind. Essential listening and get my highly unequivocal rating of 5/5.

No comments: