Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Elephant Micah - louder Than Thou (USA 2012)

An Uncle Roddus Album Review


1. Tin Foil Continent (5:56)
2. Won These Wings (7:24)
3. My Cousin's King (4:28)
4. If I Were a Surfer (5:35)
5. Rooster on the Loose (6:47)
6. Airline Living (6:21)

This indie "band" were recently on one of the Uncut CDs and have been spoken of highly in Uncut on several occasions. This underground folk/lofi alternative music is painfully slow in places as we have some gentle vocals and improvised sounding guitar picking over backing rhythms. "My Cousin's King" is the song I was already familiar with and is a lovely semi acoustic pop ditty and the most accessible number here. Although the album is well constructed and has a nice Americana vibe about it, over the length of some of the longer tracks, the slowness and so laid backness of the tracks almost puts me to sleep. I can appreciate some of the superlatives used in relation to this music but it's not something that inspires me all that much. Rating 2.5/5

No comments: