Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, June 1, 2012

Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire (USA 2011)

An Uncle Roddus Album review



This wonderful album came home from the city with Mrs. Roddus last week and has been on high rotation ever since. I haven't been up to date with Ryan's last couple of releases until now and didn't really connect all that much with "Easy Tiger" and am still waiting to get my hands on "III/IV" but this set, which only got 3 stars in Uncut, is, I believe, his strongest set for quite a while. Gone are the Cardinals and Ryan is back in business in Singer/Songwriter mode. A much more laid back affair and reminds me somewhat of the quieter moments on "Love Is Hell" but Ryan is a bit more upbeat and positive sounding nowadays. There are some lovely melodies here and I love the guitar break in "Do I Want" and if you're looking for some great Americana or alt-country or what ever you want to call it, well, it doesn't get much better than this.Rating 5/5.

No comments: