Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Aksak Maboul - Onze Danses pour Combattre la Migraine (Belgium 1977)

Roddus Album Of The Day




01.Marcredi Matin
02.(mit1) Saure Gurke (aus 1 urwald gelockt)
03.Animaux Velpeau
04.Milano Per Caso
05.Fausto Coppi Arriva!
06.Chanter Est Sain
07.Son Of L'idiot
08.DBB (Double Bind Baby)
09.Cuic Steppe
10.Tous Les Trucs Qu'il Y A La Dehors
11.Ciobane
12.The Mooche
13.Vapona, Not Glue
14.Glympz
15.Three Epileptic Folk Dances
16.Mastoul Alakefak - Mastoul, One Year Later (Live)
17.Comme On A Dit

And now for something completely different. This wonderful release from the legendary Crammed Disc label back in 1977, came into my possession after one of my shopping sprees on Amazon, a few years ago. Although from Belgium, Aksak Maboul has, to me, a bit of a French feel to it, quirky electronic based music with touches of jazz, classical, folk and minimalist. Catchy instrumental tunes with quite an experimental bent make up most of this disc and it is still a refreshing listen after the 30 years since its release. I was happy when this was randomly selected as today's album and I enjoyed listening to it through the day. If you like a bit of offbeat music then I recommend giving this a listen. My rating 3.5/5

 Listen Here


No comments: