Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hoodoo Rhythm Devils - Rack Jobbers Rule (USA 1971)

Roddus Album Of The Day


 Do Do Do
Black Widow
Like Fire
Snake Doctor
Four Set Blues
Black Cadillac
Red Pacific
Hurtin' Side Of Love
Green Light
Hoodoo Beat

This ultra rare rocker from the US is another great find by my friend Chuntao, over at Rare MP3.
Their debut album is a mix of great 70s blues tinged hard rock with soaring psyched out guitars like "Black Widow" and more laid back pop orientated numbers such as the soulful "Like Fire"."Snake Doctor" is a bit of slowed down swamp boogie and the tribal  "Hoodoo Beat" is my most liked track. This album has that real early 70s feel to it that I am drawn to and overall is a strong first effort, which pretty much slipped under the radar at the time.This album id defiantly worth repeated listening and I rate it 3.5/5.

Listen to this Here

No comments: