Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shinehead - Sidewalk Universityy (USA 1992)

Roddus Album Of The Day


 1 Try My Love (4:23)
2 Jamaican In New York (4:28)
Written-By - Sting
3 Rainbow (4:06)
4 Peace & Love (3:42)
5 Sidewalk University (3:38)
6 Should I (Remix) (4:04)
Written-By - Joe Gibbs
7 I Can Make It Right (4:43)
8 Let Them In (4:37)
Written-By - Linda McCartney , Paul McCartney
9 Start An Avalanche (4:29)
10 The Pen (4:04)
11 I Just Called To Say I Love You (3:59)
Written-By - Stevie Wonder
12 The Race Of Life (3:55)
13 Trouble (4:11)
14 Friendly Advice (3:24)

I brought this album at a second hand store quite some time ago, on the strength of the excellent cover of  Stings "Jamaican In New York" and I remembered how pleasantly surprised I was with it.
Well recorded quality sound , the English born Shinehead delivers an enjoyable album of Rap/Ragga/Dacehall/jungle/pop/funk/dub. There are not many Rap groups/Albums that I like but this one is fun and appeals to me more because of the mix of styles used to construct these songs. I hadn't listened to this for quite some time, but it still sounds good after all this time. Interesting that it only got 2 stars at Allmusic I think its worth 3.5/5
Listen Here Cut and paste ling at bottom of track listing.

No comments: