Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Guess Who - American Woman (Canada 1970)

Roddus Album Of The Day


1. American Woman (5:10)
2. No Time (3:49)
3. Talisman (5:09)
4. No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature (4:54)
5. 969 (The Oldest Man) [Instrumental] (2:59)
6. When Friends Fall Out (3:03)
7. 8:15 (3:30)
8. Proper Stranger (4:05)
9. Humpty's Blues/American Woman (Epilogue) (6:11)
10.Got to Find Another Way [#][*] (2:50)

 A bit late on this one as I had to go to town last night and didn't get home in time to do my daily review, so today we get a double whammy and also I got to listen to this fantastic album for two days in a row. Now the other day when reviewing the Masters Of Reality album, I talked about what makes a great "Rock" album. Well this classic little beauty certainly fits into that category. 
 Anybody serious about 70s rock will probably know and have this breakthrough album from The Guess Who and the rest of us would have to have been living on Mars, not to be familiar at least with the title track "American Woman".  This album doesn't let up from start to finish with brilliant Pop/Rock tracks with obvious jazz and blues influences through out , not to mention a hefty dose of folk like on "Talisman". "Humpty Blues" is a very strong white man blues and one of my favorites which I included in one of my samplers recently. This album has no weaknesses and is defiantly one of the all time greats. my rating 5+/5

No comments: