Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, May 31, 2010

Gasper Lawal - Abiosunni (Nigeria 1985)

Roddus Album Of The Day No.1



1. Kokoroko 1 (6:46)
2. Witch-Dance 1 (7:39)
3. Omi Leniyon 1 (6:42)
4. Abio'sun ni 1 (6:15)
5. Kai Anibaba 1 (5:11)
6. Ija Oyewa 1 (7:07)

Here is the first of the albums I have had on my ipod since Friday night and have tried to listen to them over the weekend for reviewing.
 Gasper Lawal has made two of my favorite African albums so far,  and this one kicks of with the very excellent and poppy "Kokoroko" with great rhythms and vocal Melody's with a cool piano piece and sax in the background. This album grooves throughout and Gasper has made a beautiful album with many different shades and influences and rewards the attentive listener with many pleasant moments. It is a very smooth album and goes just as well in the background with coffee ans a book or with moments that make  you want to dance. This album has captured my imagination since I first heard it in late 08 and it is very hard to find much info about Gasper or this album. With its moments of funk, Jazz, fusion, tribal, and pop to massage your ears and groove your soul, I highly recommend checking out this  superb album. My Rating 4.5/5
Listen Here

No comments: