Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Raveonettes - Pretty In Black (Denmark 2005)

Roddus Album Of The Day





Woohoo, first up I want to welcome my 2nd follower of this here wee blog, welcome aboard Bob.
Now this recent dose of what, in the main, I guess we could refer to as Indie Pop, unfortunately, hasn't had a fair listen today as my day was fairly stressful and I didn' get to listen to it as much as I would have liked. Saying that though I have heard enough to give a quick comment here.
As I said a slab of pretty good indie pop here from this Male/Female duo and what makes this a bit more interesting than some of the other indie pop, is,as usual, the mix of different styles infused into their songs, some electronica, some americana, some 50s pop, and all done quite tastefully. This album has grown on me over this busy day and as I listen to it again as I type, I know I do appreciate it more than I did early this morning. There is a similarity to another recent duo I reviewed, I wounder if any one can pick it up. "Love in a Trashcan" is defiantly the best track and "Twilight" is another little ripper. Indie pop is not my most favorite form of music and so much of it is pretty derivative and boring, but this one is up there with the few worthwhile ones that have been released over the last few years. My Rating 3.5/5

Listent Here

No comments: