Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, May 3, 2010

Sagbohan Danialou - Best of Sagbohan Danialou

Roddus Album Of The Day



A1Commerce Triangulaire (A Qui la Faute)
A2Retour au Village
A3Africana
A4Foutou Banana
A5Suru
A6Tafè Yom'Tomè
B1Wan Gni Gni
B2Djo Assou Tchédo (Laisse Moi Mon Mari)
B3Avalè
B4Adji Non Wé
B5Programme Change
B6Afélélé

A quick review of this album that I have been listening to today on my Ipod and which I found on the Awesome Tapes From Africa blog. There is not very much info on the web about Sagbohan Danialou except that he comes from Benin and is or was pretty big there. He has been in several African groups, Black Santiago being one that I have heard. This is a pleasant enough compilation of African pop with the usual African sounding rhythms and some more traditional sounding vocal harmonic sections to his songs. I enjoyed it playing during the day as I was working but it didn't really draw me in, but this music becomes more rewarding with more concentrated listening, picking up the more subtle shifts in his songs and the different styles he has explored over his fairly long career. My rating 3.5/5

Listen to this album here

No comments: