Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, May 17, 2010

Rebecca IV - Maybe Tomorrow (Japan 1985)

 Roddus Album Of The Day



1.HOT SPICE (4:25)
2. Private Heroine (4:32)
3. Cotton Time (5:10)
4. 76th Star (3:52)
5. Hikari to Kage no Yuuwaku (4:18)
6. Bottom Line (5:00)
7. Girls Bravo (3:39)
8. Friends (4:32)
9. London Boy (4:31)
10. Maybe Tomorrow (5:27)

Well it has finally happened, I have done pretty well so far and haven't yet found any albums on my hard drive that I want to delete. Until Now!. I don't want to be cruel about this album and rubbish it and say it is total crap or anything like that but It just doesn't do anything for me at all. I had to turn it off , on the ipod by mid morning, as I had had enough of the high pitched female Japanese vocals and this type of music just is not my thing. On a more positive side the guitarist on this Mid 80s Pop record(think Cindy Lauper,early Madonna with a bit of Kylie for good measure)wants to play heavy metal, so some of the licks were OK and the singer gives it her all on this well recorded offering. I get the impression that this is a fairly good record for this genere and it was  
43rd Greatest Japanese Rock Albums of All Time according to Rolling Stone Japan.
Which is why I recently downloaded it. So my rating is gonna be 1.5/5.
 Don't take my word for it listen for yourself.
AS for me, I'm now gonna go and delete it off my iopd and hard drive and see what I'm gonna review tomorrow.

No comments: