Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Monday, May 24, 2010

Avolonto Honore & Poly-Rythmo - La Mort n'a pas de Date Fixe (Benin1981)

Roddus Album Of The Day



1. Gné M'Bléo (8:41)
2. Na Mi Do Gbé Hué Nu (6:59)
3. La Mort N'a Pas De Date Fixe (6:53)
4. Azo Wé Gni Gbèto (6:10)
5. Hin A Yi Ha (5:03)

Off to Africa again this time, with this album by Avolonto Honore teamed up with the mighty and apparently very prolific Poly-Rythmo. I am a little disappointed with this LP, it didn't really fire my soul like some African stuff I have been getting into lately. It's not too bad an album with excellent playing , the usual complex poly-rhythms with some brass and keyboards and some nice guitar picking.. " Na Mi Do Gbé Hué Nu" is an OK slab of pure afrofunk and title track has that Cuban inflection found in a lot of African music. As I said, this record doesn't really get me grooving so I can only give it 2.5/5.

Listen Here for the link just click on oro just above the cover picture.

No comments: