Blog Roddus

Blog Roddus
My Favorite Place

Friday, May 7, 2010

Far East Family Band - Nipponjin (Japan 1975)

Roddus Album Of The Day

1/ Nipponjin
2/ The Cave
3/ Undiscovered Northern Land
4/ Timeless
5/ The God Of Water
6/ River Of Soul
7/ The God Of Wind
8/ Movin' Lookin'
9/ Yamato
10/ Mystery Of Northern Space
The Last few daily albums have been randomly selected from my itunes library for my listening pleasure, but this time I made a conscious choice after a song off this album caught my ear the other day. This music recently came into my possession through my exploration of the top 100 Japanese albums from Rolling Stone(Japan) as well as Julian Copes top 50 Jap Rock albums.

The Particular track that caught my attention was the lovely atmospheric "River Of Soul", a slow burning flute and synth driven Floydian exercise of progressive rock, and Pink is the order of the day for this album and these guys drink heartily from the fountain of Floyd, especially "The Cave" with it's unmistakable lifting of a snippet from the "Dark Side Of The Moon" Album.. Although pretty derivative, this album is still very enjoyable with some very good guitar solos to be found within some of the extended space jams.
My Rating 3.5/5

Listen to this album Here

No comments: